Social Studies for grades 3-5
In every issue, this high-interest magazine stimulates curious kids with engaging articles, great photographs, and a unique you-are-there perspective on culture and history. A fun and highly interactive magazine, AppleSeeds™ is packed with puzzles, games, maps, and the opportunity for readers to join the AppleCorps and submit their own opinions, drawings, and stories. AppleSeeds is a can’t-miss magazine for inquisitive kids in grades 3-5. 36 pp
In addition to robust nonfiction articles, here is a sampling of the regular features you’ll find in each issue of APPLESEEDS magazine for grades 3-5:
- Engaging articles: Each theme-based issue brings high quality informational text to support Common Core reading standards.
- Text Features: Captions, bold words, vocabulary callouts, sidebars, and photos
- AppleSeeds Kids: These cartoon mascots comment from the margins, promoting engagement with the text and higher order thinking skills
- Your Turn: A project gives readers the chance to apply learning and experience real-world challenges
- Fun Stuff: A hands-on activity or game relates to the issue’s theme
- Cross-Frame Puzzle checks comprehension. Contest Corner calls for student work.
“Finally, a magazine that elementary teachers can really use as they attempt to integrate the subjects they teach with one theme.” – Marcie Taylor-Thomas, State Specialist in Social Studies, Maryland State Department of Education
Look inside AppleSeeds.
Digital Magazine Bundles
Affordable digital bundles allow up to 25 students at once to access web-based, interactive editions. Log in at newsstand.cricketmag.com for online access or load onto your device. Bonus – 1 year print subscription included.
Choose Subscription Type (above)
1 year print + 10 web-based for $43.95 Just $4.39 per student.
1 year print + 25 web-based for $58.95 Just $2.35 per student – our best price!
2012-2013 School Year
September 2012: Who Did What in the Age of Exploration
October 2012: Cats Rule!
November/December 2012: How the World Works: Inside a Restaurant
January 2013: Amazing Animal Abilities
February 2013: How to Make a Magazine
March 2013: Cleopatra
April 2013: Kids at Work
May/June 2013: It’s the Greatest!
July/August 2013: You Are There…on the Great Barrier Reef
2013-2014 School Year
September 2013: I Hear Music
October 2013: What Happened at Birmingham
November/December 2013: How the World Works: At the Movies
January 2014: Journey to the Center of the Earth
February 2014: Draw It!
March 2014: Who Did What on the Frontier
April 2014: Wheels
May/June 2014: Snakes
July/August 2014: You Are There…in the Desert
Detailed teacher’s guides reduce prep time and ensure student learning. Include vocabulary, literacy strategies, discussion questions, in-class projects, and extension activities.