World Cultures for grades 5-9
Your world, your voice, your Faces. Faces takes readers where no other publication goes. Around the world and back, young readers get an honest and unbiased view of how people in other countries and world regions live. From the clothes they wear to the foods they eat, readers get a glimpse into the way their peers live. Each issue takes readers to a different country or region, or explores a topic of global importance. Be a citizen of the world. Be a Faces reader. 52 pp.
In addition to robust nonfiction articles, here is a sampling of the regular features you’ll find in each issue of FACES magazine for grades 5-9:
- High quality informational text supports Common Core reading goals
- Text Features: Captions, bold words, vocabulary callouts, sidebars, and photos
- High 5: Facts about the human, environmental
- At a Glance: A map and key facts introduce the issue
- Growing Up In: A young person writes about his daily life
- Dear Tommy: This cultural email exchange helps bridge cultural differences
- Folktale: Students explore the culture with this literary genre
- Art Connection: Makes connections between art and culture
- Say What? Ask FACES! Face Facts: Activities, games, and contests
“FACES gives young readers engaging and fun stories to read to learn about their world.” – Sarah Witham Bednarz, Department of Geography, Texas A & M University
Look inside Faces.
Digital Magazine Bundles
Affordable digital bundles allow up to 25 students at once to access web-based, interactive editions. Log in at newsstand.cricketmag.com for online access or load onto your device. Bonus – 1 year print subscription included.
Choose Subscription Type (above)
1 year print + 10 web-based for $43.95 Just $4.39 per student.
1 year print + 25 web-based for $58.95 Just $2.35 per student – our best price!
2012-2013 School Year
September 2012: Vietnam
October 2012: Ghosts and the Spirit World
November/December 2012: How Religion Rules the World
January 2013: Australian Aborigines
February 2013: China in a Day
March 2013: So You Think You Know the Arab World
April 2013: Texas and the Southwest
May/June 2013: Nigeria
July/August 2013: Top 20 Cities of the World
2013-2014 School Year
September 2013: Music Around the World
October 2013: Germany
November/December 2013: Places in Peril
January 2014: Siberia
February 2014: The Weird and the Wild
March 2014: The Czech Republic
April 2014: Great Cities of the World: Paris
May/June 2014: The World Cup
July/August 2014: The Beatles
Detailed teacher’s guides reduce prep time and ensure student learning. Include vocabulary, literacy strategies, discussion questions, in-class projects, and extension activities.